Thursday, June 11, 2009

17 week appt.

Last Thursday, Mrs. Norma came over for our monthly appointment. And, I'm pleased to say that it went so well! Last visit, my iron and protein levels were extremely low and she told me that I really needed to work on getting those levels up. At this appointment, she check my protein level and it was back to normal! I was so proud of myself (mainly because I had to down so much meat) But I am more than willing to do whatever is necessary for a healthy pregnancy. We checked my weight and found that I have gained a total of 5 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight until now.

Here's a chart to see how I'm doing:

  • Healthy weight before pregnancy:
    • 3-5 pounds during the first trimester
    • Approximately 1-2 pounds per week in the second trimester
    • Approximately 1-2 pounds per week in the third trimester

Where does all the extra weight go?

Here is an approximate breakdown of your weight gain:

  • Baby: 7-8 pounds
  • Placenta: 1-2 pounds
  • Amniotic fluid: 2 pounds
  • Uterus: 2 pounds
  • Maternal breast tissue: 2 pounds
  • Maternal blood : 4 pounds
  • Fluids in maternal tissue: 4 pounds
  • Maternal fat and nutrient stores: 7 pounds
According to this scale, I'm a little under, but I'm sure I'll be packing on the pounds soon enough.

The Heart Beat!
The heart beat was 157 this time, so a little less than last time. But as the baby grows, the heart beat decreases a little.

Overall it was such a good appt! Mrs. Norma and I both (and Paul too) were very pleased with the progression.

1 comment:

  1. i love your little breakdowns of whats going on inside you. so sweet! been meaning to ask you, have you gone to www.mybestbirth.com? thought of you when i heard about it. love you.

    ReplyDelete