Sunday, July 15, 2012

Post

I know I know, I'm not too consistent.  Trust me, I'm trying to work this out in many areas of my life.  Soooo much has happened over the last 6 weeks...err 6 months..

For One- we moved a few days into February, back to the land we used to live on while Paul was in his 5th year of architecture school. We live in a different place- one right next door to where we used to live.  Our goal is to get out of some debt that Paul racked up while in college... Luckily my dad hydroplaned into a concrete bridge when I was 9 and I had to be sewn up by a plastic surgeon to repair my face.. the settlement from the insurance company paid for my college...we didn't see that provision from the Lord then-but 16 years out from that day im very thankful that we don't owe that too while trying to build a family and a home.

Right at a month after we moved in we had some folks live with us for a few months...it was a challenging, growing, uniquely wonderful time that taught me and grew me.  And for that I'm so very very thankful.  I was being taught by God how to live out a passage in Luke 6-

27 “But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29  Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either. 30 Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back. 31 Treat others the same way you want them to treat you. 32  If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. 33 If you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. 34  If you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners in order to receive back the same amount. 35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
37 “ Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure—pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.”

This lesson concluded in this situation anyway- yesterday.

Remember that one day in June when it rained? I do, it was June 5th..because it almost destroyed a house Paul was working on and responsible for...it didn't rain a single day after that until 7 days ago..
I saw the hand of God all over this situation...it was awesome and terrible at the same time..i can say that now that the house has a roof-a ceiling-and a floor again...

that brings us to now...stay tuned... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment