Monday, September 20, 2010

M is for Mother

It takes someone big and great to be a mother.  And I always feel far far from that.  Patience is tested constantly and some days I simply run out.

Since Friday sweet P has had a little stomach bug, and I've never felt more loved and appreciated in my entire life.. It's these moments that make it all worth it.  And I wonder to myself why I lose patience with her in the first place.  It's like those books and movies that make you want to live life to the fullest! Carpe Diem stuff... and this is what mothering does to me.

Most days are hard..well monotonous you might say, with the ends and outs of life...but then there are times that you get to sit back and examine yourself as a mother.  The times when life is just a bit slower, and most of my day is devoted to just laying with P to make her feel better.

She snuggles up so tight for tens of minutes (!!!!!!!!!!).. A rarity these days... and it's the sweetest sweetest feeling...to drink it in, to really love it, because soon it will just be a memory...
 I'm sure gonna miss that baby face...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Fez! You made me cry! Everything you said is true! I was nursing Julip in the dark a few nights ago, but I could see her precious face...and she looked so much older than a 7 month old. :(

    You're a great mother! :)

    ReplyDelete