Tuesday, September 28, 2010

DIY flower hair accessory

Don't throw away your scraps of fabric! I can put them to good use!
Here's a tutorial on how to make your own flower hair clips....

Step 1:  Gather fabric scraps from left over projects, using a spool of thread as a guide, trace circles onto fabric

Step 2: Cut out all circles, matching coordinating fabrics together (I used 4 layers of fabric/flower)


Step 3: Using a button or bead of some sort attach all fabric together.  (Be creative, there's so much you can use here)


Step 4:  Glue or attach with wire to a metal clip.  (I got mine at Hobby Lobby for around $4.00 for a pack of 24)

Step 5:  Wait for glue to dry, and wear!


Flower hair accessories are also available in my shop!

1 comment:

  1. I've got just some thin cotton material should I use a piece of felt fir backing on this to make it a little sturdier?

    ReplyDelete