Wednesday, March 3, 2010

for today...



For Today…Wednesday, March 3, 2010 

I am thankful for... a place to live, for our dear friends taking it seriously when the Word says to be hospitable to one another (1 Peter 4:9) and they did so without complaining..willing sharing their home with us

Outside my window...Two very dirty dogs playing with a jaw bone(deer?) sunny skies and a pleasant breeze

I am thinking..."my husband has an awesome voice" as he sings You Said by Shane and Shane in the background

I am wearing... yesterdays pants and spit up

I am remembering... long talks with my best friend on a balcony ill never sit on again....

I am reading... john

I am hoping... that ill never have to live a day without my love

On my mind... a sewing project, a shower, knitting a hat, my pawpaw...

Noticing that... i've been a martha today, not a mary (Luke 10:38-42)
As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"  "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."


Pondering these words... L I F E    I S    A   V A P O R  (James 4:14)  
Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.

From the kitchen… deer burgers for Guys Cook Night

Around the house... a clean kitchen, an architect husband, a sleeping baby, a momma and a little girl, the Word, joy, music...

One of my favorite things: Samoa girl scout cookies!!!

A few plans for the rest of the week: meeting with the ladies in the morning, a visit to the in-laws, catching some deals, sewing...

From my picture journal...

1 comment: