Monday, November 16, 2009

I've never felt more loved in my entire life: Labor and Delivery story

This would normally be something I'd write in my journal to hide but the Lord did so much I can't help but to declare his name among men!

Psalm 22:22
I will declare Your name to My brethren;
In the midst of the assembly I will praise You.

Starting back when we had our first concerning sonogram we knew that nothing would help but to just trust in the Lord... He was the only one that could help us or heal her..

Proverbs 3:7-8
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the LORD and depart from evil.
It will be health to your flesh,
And strength to your bones.

Money was a slight issue but we know his name is Provider so we had no fear..

Psalm 50:10 For every beast of the forest [is] Mine, [And] the cattle on a thousand hills.

Psalm 50:15 Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me."
He provided in abundance...Thousands

----------------------------

Labor was tough.. It started at 10:30 am. An hour after the doctor broke my water, which had meconium in it. Paul and I danced through contractions as the tightening began....it was a sweet time with my husband whom I couldn't have done without...we smiled and talked about how we couldn't wait to see her and cheered Piper on!

Things progressed rather slowly but it did get harder with no turning back

It felt like sudden destruction- ....then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape it. (Referring to the day when the Lord comes back) 1 Thessalonians 5:3

Around 4:30 things felt really bad.. The worst pain I've ever felt in my life...

Around 6 I asked if I could get in the shower as a last resort to the pain... I took Paul with me to tell him I was giving up.. He didn't let me... He reminded me to keep my mind stayed on Christ!

Isaiah 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.

I pushed for about 45 minutes 30 of it on hands and knees. I had the best support system with me helping me. Around 12 people in the room helping me through. (Total violation if the doctor had been in the room) From standing on the bed pressing my back as hard as they could to counteract the pressure...to reading scripture.. To praying in the midst.. I flipped over right at the end and let the bed hold my weak and tired body. But I know who was holding me the whole time..

The next contraction came and I told myself that I wouldn't stop bearing down until my little girl was out..

She made her turn and flipped anterior right at the end and landed on the bed...

The nurse was in a frenzy a bit because there was baby but no doctor in sight..
Do not trust in man but in God alone for the Lord is the deliverer!

I could feel God's presence everywhere in that room... Through every contraction...through the body of Christ...through every dollar given to us for the birth..through prayer.. The steady hand of the lord over Piper's life through it all.. The hand that reached back when I reached to Him when I had nothing left..Praise the Lord!


Sustainer of life
Deliverer
Provider
Healer
Merciful father
Rewarder

2 comments:

  1. chills, tears, calm. thank you, Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romans 10:15 (New King James Version)
    "...How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,[a]
    Who bring glad tidings of good things!”[b]

    Love.
    :)

    ReplyDelete