Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Full term!!

Week 37


Piper is officially baked this week! That means I could literally give birth at any given moment. A terrifying, exciting and overwhelming concept, all rolled into one.

What's going on with Baby Piper this week:


She's a full-term baby!
If I were to go into labor today, all systems would be a go. Woohoo!

  • Piper's growth slows down dramatically this week, which is great news for my birth canal. Her bones are still soft and pliable and will solidify after she's born.

  • She's busy practicing for "life on the outside," working on her breathing, sucking, sleeping, gazing and peeing abilities. The only thing she can't practice yet is her ability to scream at the top of her lungs when she's hungry—but she'll do plenty of that in a few weeks.

  • At this point babies vary in size, but the average length is between 19 and 20 inches and most babies weigh approximately 6 pounds.
What about me?
Well- I still don't get any sleep, but I still have enough energy to last throughout the day.
My legs are KILLING me!
Stretch marks are still not terrible...please no more though...
It's really hard for me to get up after sitting on the floor (HILARIOUS)


I had an appt. today with the midwife:
She says everything looks great and I'm healthy enough to give birth at home. But, I need to add vitamin C when taking my alfalfa tablets so that my body absorbs enough these lasts few weeks. Iron helps blood to clot and if mine is low, there's not a bag of blood down the hall to supplement so pray my Iron level increases. Nevertheless, she said she would be totally fine with delivering with the level it is, so no worries..

Piper's heart tones were great and she was LOA and engaged. SWEET!
I'm measuring 38 weeks- so a week ahead! woohoo!
weight gain- 29 lbs. @ 37 weeks


picture...

1 comment:

  1. Love the dress! Can't wait to meet this little girl.
    Love you!
    Amy

    I will sing unto the LORD,
    because he hath dealt bountifully with me.
    Psalm 13:6

    ReplyDelete