Sunday, July 5, 2009

midwife visit and picture!

Mrs. Norma came on July 3. I was so excited to see her because I knew she was going to let me know how my baby was doing, as I have had many worries in the last few weeks. Needless to say, all fears have subsided. She measured me (I am measuring 23 weeks!) She said 2 over or 2 under is normal. But it could be all those cookies I ate... I was worried about my weight...but IM NOT AT ALL WORRIED ANYMORE...I weighed in at 6 pounds heavier than I did 9 days before..the baby hit a major growth spurt, I suppose.
The heartbeat was 141 bpm, i'm starting to think my little girl is quickly becoming a little boy, according to the old wives' tale of a girl having a higher heartbeat than a boy...

Two things she got on to me about: 1. not eating enough dark leafy greens 2. water water water.
She said that if I wasn't getting up at least once or twice a night to pee that I am not drinking enough. So if you talk to me, please remind me that I need to be doing these two things!!

Im still feeling pretty normal. Although, I have had some major cramping in my upper left leg. (I read some things and it said that this may be due to weight gain) ha.
How is baby:
Your baby continues to grow and develop inside of you. He now measures 7 inches long and can weigh up to 10 ounces. In the coming weeks, your baby will continue to grow and mature at a fast rate.

The hair on his scalp is more visible and by week 21 he has probably developed eyelashes and eyebrows!

He is waking and sleeping in regular intervals, which you might be able to tell from his movements. He is also swallowing amniotic fluid to help his digestive system mature for life in the "outside world". His intestines also start slowly relaxing and contracting this week.

21 week Picture:

2 comments:

  1. You look adorable-please don't worry about your weight!! Little Oliver (hee-hee) is doing great and that is all that matters :)
    Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look beautiful. it was so special to be there and listen to that amazing sound. you are so blessed. we are looking forward to Oliver OR Piper with just the same anticipation. just stay away from the "sleeves" of cookies! ;) love you sweets.

    ReplyDelete